There are times when This PC icon disappears because of some bugs or errors in the drivers or the settings issues which can be solved easily within a few steps. So, this article is all about solutions to errors regarding This PC Icon Missing From Windows 10.
Hence, head on to go through the best 4 Ways to Fix This PC Icon Missing From Windows 10 Easily!
Fix This PC Icon Missing From Windows 10
First of all, make sure that the “Show desktop icon” is enabled. Just right-click on the desktop then go to “view” options and check whether it is selected or not, if not then click on it. And if it is enabled and still the “This PC” icon is not showing then read ahead!
1. Enable This PC from Desktop Icon Setting
In this method, you will have to go on the windows settings and look for the desktop icon to enable it. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open start menu
- Click on the Settings gear
- Look for the “Personalization” icon and click on it
- Then click on “Desktop icon settings”
- Then confirm whether the “Computer” checkbox is checked or not
- If not then click on it and apply the settings
If it is checked and still the icon is invisible then go on to the next method to solve the issue.
2. Pin This PC Icon
In this method, you will have to pin the “This PC” icon to the desktop. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do so.
- Click on the windows search bar
- Search for this “This PC”
- Right-click on it
- Click on “Pin to start”
- Now open the start menu
- Then look for the “This PC” icon
- Now, just drag it to the desktop and you are done
If there is still the issue then go for the next method.
3. Disable Tablet Mode
There are times when you would have used the system in tablet mode and eventually the tablet mode comes with a different view for the icons and menus. So, all you have to do is disable the “Tablet Mode”. To disable the tablet mode, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Click on the windows search bar
- Search for “tablet mode”
- Click on “tablet mode settings”
- Now, just disable the tablet mode and you are done.
4. Create Shortcut of This PC On Desktop
If, none of the above-mentioned methods worked for you then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open file explorer
- Look for the “This PC” icon on the left side contents bar
- Then just press the “Alt” key hold it and drag the icon to the desktop
So, this way you can avail the shortcut to “This PC” from file explorer.
What is this PC in Windows 10?
It is just like any other Windows version’s “My computer” or “My PC” icon. It has all the contents stored in the system by the user, or we can say it is the shortcut to access all the contents in the system memory.
Why did my desktop disappeared Windows 10?
This mostly happens when the tablet mode in the system is turned on or because of the system settings that have turned it off. You can look above for solutions if you face the issue.
How do I restore my desktop on Windows 10?
You can go on to system settings and look for icon and taskbar settings to alter the desktop or make any other kind of changes. Or simply go through all the above-mentioned methods to make the changes according to your needs on the desktop.
So, these were the 4 best solutions to issues regarding This PC Icon Missing From Windows 10. Hence, if you found this post useful then share it with your friends and family who might be facing these kinds of issues. Also, you can share your views and look for other posts on our website!