There are times when some of us face errors regarding Pen drive data not showing, this basically happens when the files are corrupted or because of some kind of bugs they are hidden.
Fix Folder & Data Not Showing
1. Scan using Antivirus
There are times when we insert our SD cards into other computer systems or eventually when we download stuff from the internet. There is a chance that viruses or malware from unwanted sources can damage the SD card.
To avoid viruses and malware download Bitdefender Antivirus to scan all the damaged files without any hassle. Also, the free version of this tool does the job pretty efficiently.
- Open This PC
- Look for the disk you want to scan
- Right Click on it
- Then select the option “Scan with Bitdefender antivirus”
- Now the scanning process will begin
- Then, remove the malware or viruses manually if the antivirus fails to remove it automatically.
- And you are done.
2. Enable Show Hidden File Option
There are times when the files in the external device are hidden and eventually few of the times users forget or are unaware about the hidden files so follow the below-mentioned steps to un-hide the files first.
Steps for Windows 10:
- Open My PC
- Click on the external drive
- Then look for the “View” option in the top area
- Then, click on the check box for the “hidden files”
- And done
Steps for Windows 7 & 8:
- Go on to the control panel
- Look for “File explorer options”
- Then, look for the “view” option
- Now, enable the “view hidden files and folders” check box
- And done
Now, take the backup of the files if you want to and store it anywhere in the system memory, then proceed to the method to format the external device with Mini Tool Partition Wizard.
Mini Tool Partition Wizard has the highest probability to fix all the issues regarding the external device, also you can easily change the file system of the memory device within the few steps mentioned below.
- Open the tool
- Look for the disk
- Right-click on the particular disk
- Click on “Format”
- Click on “File system”
- Change it to FAT32 or exFAT (Select FAT32 if the memory device is less than 32GB and if it is higher then select exFAT file system)
- Click “ok”
- Click on “Apply” and confirm
- Now the formatting will begin and done within a few seconds.
Once the formatting process is completed, copy all the files to the external device and most probably the error will be solved.
3. Use EaseUS Tool M
So, in this method, you will have to use another 3rd party software i.e. EaseUs Tool M which will help you view the files and folders of the external device within 4-5 steps.
- Once you have downloaded the tool
- After you have opened it
- Select the “File Showing” icon
- Then choose the drive from the drop menu
- Now, just click on the “Enable” button
- The process will begin
- Now, the folders will show up and you are done
After it is completed, just copy the folder or access the data in it and done.
4. Remove Shortcut Virus to Fix Pen drive data not showing
There are times when you must have noticed that there are some unwanted shortcuts that are automatically created in the memory device. Basically, those are viruses in the driver which can be removed with few commands or it can also lead to other bugs and issues regarding usage.
So, here are the steps to remove the shortcut virus from the memory device. Suppose the drive letter is F.
- Insert the memory device
- Note the letter of the particular drive
- Click on the Windows search bar
- Search for “Command Prompt or CMD”
- Right-click on it and Run it as administrator
- Then type “attrib –h –r -s /s /d f:\*.*”
- And done
Make sure to select the correct drive letter and follow the steps. So, this way shortcuts virus can be removed. If this method didn’t work for you then proceed to the next one.
5. Use Browser to Fix Files & Folders Not Showing in SD Card
This is one of the methods which might be unknown to most of the users. All you have to do is open your browser and follow the below-mentioned steps. Here, I am using Brave browser, you can use any browser.
- Open the browser
- Now copy the location of the driver from “My PC”
- Then just paste it in the URL box of the browser
- It will show up all the files and folders in the driver
- Now, you can save or take the backup of all the file which weren’t showing
- And done
6. Search with Asterisk
You can search for the hidden files or folders by typing Asterisk(.) or Star(*) on the search bar of the My PC. Basically, this will show all the hidden files and folders in the external drive or any drive that you search in.
7. Zip and Unzip Trick
So, this method also allows you to hide or encrypt the particular files in the memory device. This method will be helpful to you when you don’t want anyone to even access the file contents in the memory device.
For this, you will have to download the 7Zip tool which basically converts the file in a drive or a folder to a .zip file and protects it by enabling a password option. If you don’t want to enable a password, just skip it.
- Download the tool
- Then select the particular file
- Right-click on it
- Through 7Zip, select the option Add to archive
- Now, select the location to save the .zip file
- Now, look for an encryption option and set a password if you want to
- Then click on ok
- And within few seconds your files are backed-up
Now, a .zip file will be automatically created in the system memory itself. So, to access the file all you have to do is enter the password if given. Now, all you have to do is format the external device and again paste the .zip file in the drive and extract the files to the drives and this way you can access the hidden files in the external device from your system through 7Zip.
How can I recover my deleted data from the pen drive?
Well, if you have already deleted the file then it can be quite difficult to recover the files but, some of the files can be recovered through a third party or paid tools such as RecoverIt or Recuva. if any of those didn’t work then you can probably take a step back and not try because these are the best tools to recover deleted files.
Why is my pendrive showing empty?
The drive might be corrupted or there could be some virus bugs in the drive. It can be solved easily by following the 2nd method of this post. But, make sure you have taken back-up of the files if you need them and if you don’t then just format it using MinTool and surely you will get the solution up to some extent
How to Fix a USB or Flash Drive not showing files?
The files might be hidden or corrupted too. But, somehow those files can be recovered through apps like EaseUS and MiniTool Partition Wizard or you can also use the command prompt to repair the drive which could solve the issues.
So, these were the 7 best ways to solve the issue regarding memory card data not showing or pen drive is not showing files. Hence, if you found this post useful then do share it with your friends and family who might find this useful too. Also, don’t forget to comment on your views regarding the post.