Keeping the Windows up to date with regular updates is a good habit. By default, Windows 10 doesn’t tell the users the size of the update. Someone with unlimited data usage doesn’t need to worry. But it’s a big problem to update the OS for those who have a daily cap over internet usage.
How To Check Windows Update Size
There’s no way in Windows 10 to see the size of the updates. However, I am going to tell you about a third-party software called Windows Update MiniTool to help you in this situation. It’s a free software that can act as an update manager for windows. Let’s see how you can use this to check the update size.
Check Update Size Using Windows Update Minitool
You need to download the tool from the internet. Here are the steps you have to follow.
- First of all, download the Windows Update Minitool.
- Extract the zip file you downloaded and you’ll see two tools. An x64 and x86.
- Depending upon the architecture of your PC, open one of the tools.
- It’s a portable tool so you don’t need installation.
- After opening the tool, click on the “Check for updates” icon from the left sidebar.
- Within a few seconds, it will start to look for new updates
- The new updates will be listed in the right panel with a few information
- In the “Size” column, you’ll be able to see the sizes of all the updates listed.
You can also select the updates which you want to install and click on the “Install” button from the left sidebar. It will download and install the updates right away to your PC. So, this was all about how you can check the size of the updates in your Windows 10 PC.
Do Windows 10 updates use a lot of data?
Generally feature updates can consume a few GBs of data, like 3-4 GBs. But security patches and bug fixes are only of a few MBs.
How do I turn off automatic updates for Windows 10?
There is no option to turn off automatic updates in Windows 10. However, you can delay it. Go to Settings >Update & Security >Windows Update>Advanced options and in the ‘Choose when updates are installed’ select 365 days. After a year, you have to do this process again.