After fresh installation windows or buying a new PC from the store, it is necessary to check the activation status of your Windows 10. There are several methods to do that. In this article, I am going to tell you the best and easiest methods to do that. So, let’s get started.
How to Check Windows 10 Activation Status
1. Checking From The Windows 10’s Settings App
This is the easiest way to check the activation status of your Windows 10. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings app on Windows 10. You can search ‘Settings‘ if you don’t see it on the start menu.
- Next, inside settings, choose Update & Security.
- Now on this window, you’ll find the option ‘Activation’ written on the left. Click on that.
- Now on the right side, you’ll be able to see the activation status of your Windows 10.
If your windows 10 is genuine, you will see something like “Windows is activated with a digital license”. This means that your Windows 10 is permanently activated. I have genuine Windows 10 on my pc, and it shows me this.
2. Using Run Command
This is also a simple method to check the activation status of your Windows 10. Here are the steps you have to follow.
- Press Win+R keys from your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type the command “slmgr.vbs –xpr” and click on the OK button.
- Then it will show you a dialog box showing you whether your Windows 10 is permanently activated or when it will expire.
Note: You can use “slmgr.vbs /dlv” to see more details about the activation of your Windows 10.
3. Checking using Command Prompt Or Powershell
This is a bit intimidating for the less tech-savvy people, but it’s quite easy if you follow my steps carefully. The process is exactly the same for Powershell and Command Prompt. I did it using Command Prompt so here are the steps.
- Click on the Start Menu and type CMD.
- Left-click on the Command Prompt app to open it.
- Now type the command “slmgr /xpr” and hit enter.
- A dialog box will pop up which will show you some details.
If you see “Your machine is permanently activated” then you can be sure that your WIndows is permanently activated.
If you see “xx days remaining” then it is activated temporarily using crack or activator. It’s not genuine.
That’s all for the ways to check the activation status for your Windows 10. The last two methods will tell the days you have remaining for the activation to end if you have temporary activation.
How do I understand which Windows is genuine or crack?
You can use the command “slmgr /xpr” in the Command Prompt to check whether the Windows is genuine or not. If you see a dialog box written “Your machine is permanently activated” then you are sure that it is genuine.
Is the cracked version of Windows 10 safe to use?
No, the cracked version of Windows 10 is not safe to use. The risk of data breach increases and your PC is more likely to be affected by malware.