Icons are one of the most important features in Windows 10. It shows whether the service is active or not and it gets quite irritating when an icon doesn’t show up in the taskbar especially an icon like Bluetooth. Hence, I will be mentioning some of the methods to Fix Bluetooth Icon Missing In Windows 10.
- Best Ways To Fix Bluetooth Icon Missing In Windows 10
- 1. Restoring Bluetooth Settings To Default
- 2. Enabling Bluetooth Icon From Settings
- 3. Restarting Windows Explorer
- 4. Uninstalling Bluetooth Drivers (Manually)
- 5. Re-Install Bluetooth Drivers (Manually)
- 6. Installing Bluetooth Drivers using Driver Booster (Automatically)
- 7. Enabling Bluetooth Services
Best Ways To Fix Bluetooth Icon Missing In Windows 10
1. Restoring Bluetooth Settings To Default
Some of the features malfunction at times because of some minor bugs or system errors or even after updates of the system, you can try fixing or restoring Bluetooth settings from the device option. Below are the steps to do so.
- Click on the Windows start button
- Go on to settings gear
- Look for “Devices” and click on it
- Look for “Bluetooth” click on it
- Look for “More Bluetooth settings” and click on it
- Then just click on “Restore Defaults”
- Make sure that the check box for showing the Bluetooth icon is checked
- Then click on “Apply” and then “Ok”
- And done
So, this should have fixed the problem and if not proceed to the next method!
2. Enabling Bluetooth Icon From Settings
Make sure that the icons are enabled to be viewed on the taskbar from the taskbar settings. Follow the steps to enable or check whether it is enabled or not.
- Click on the windows search bar
- Search for “Icon”
- Click on “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”
- Look for “Windows Explorer (Bluetooth Devices)”
- Check whether it is enabled or not
- Turn it “on” if it is turned “off”
- And you are done
So, this method should most probably do the job, if not continue reading!
3. Restarting Windows Explorer
In this method, you will have to restart Windows Explorer which will basically reset every setting to default and eventually solves all the errors with the windows explorer and system icon options too.
- Right-click on the taskbar and open task manager
- Or just use the shortcut “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” button and open the task manager
(Make sure the “My PC” window or any window is opened otherwise the windows explorer won’t show)
- Now look for “Windows Explorer” right-click on it
- Now, restart it
- And you are done
This should have solved the issue and if not then head on for the next method.
4. Uninstalling Bluetooth Drivers (Manually)
Sometimes there are issues or bugs in the driver’s software. So, this can be fixed by enabling or resetting the Bluetooth drivers from the system. Following are the steps.
- Click on the windows search bar
- Search for “Device manager” or open directly from the control panel
- Open Device manager
- Look for “Bluetooth”
- Expand by clicking on it
- Look for the “Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)”
- Right-click on it
- Then, click on “Uninstall”
- After it is done
- Look for “Action” at the top side
- Then click on “Scan for hardware changes”
- And done
5. Re-Install Bluetooth Drivers (Manually)
So, there will be some users who won’t find the Bluetooth drivers or willing to reinstall the drivers manually then, in this situation all you have to do is search for “download Intel Bluetooth driver for windows 10” on Google or any search engine that you use. Then click on the appropriate link and you will be redirected to the driver file and you can install it and probably the issue will be solved.
6. Installing Bluetooth Drivers using Driver Booster (Automatically)
So, in this method also you will have to update drivers but this time you will have to install a 3rd party app i.e. Driver Booster, which is one of the best apps to manage drivers software in the system. Hence, follow the below-mentioned steps to update drivers through Driver Booster.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app
- Run it
- Now click on the “Scan” button
- Now it will begin the scanning process and will scan for all the outdated drivers in the system.
- Once the scanning is done, in the next window there will be a list that shows the number of drivers to be installed or updated.
- Now select all the “Bluetooth connectivity” related drivers and update or install the drivers
- Or just click on update all (make sure to have a good internet connection)
- And once the updating process is done
- You are done
7. Enabling Bluetooth Services
For this method, you will have to access the RUN program i.e. the windows services and make sure to enter the command accordingly and make changes carefully as mentioned below.
- Search for “Run” in the windows search bar
- Or directly use the shortcut key “Windows button + R” to open the “Run” Program
- Type “services.msc” and enter
- Now, look for “Bluetooth support services” click on it
- Then, look for “start-up options”
- Make sure to set it from “Manual” to “Automatic”
- And also, make sure to do this on all the related Bluetooth services option
- And you are done!
So, this should most probably solve the issues and show the icon.
Does Windows 10 support Bluetooth?
Yes, it does and you can access it from the notification area.
How do I get my Bluetooth icon back on Windows 10?
You can try the windows services method i.e. the 7th or just go on and check all the methods that are mentioned above and pick a method accordingly.
Why don’t I have Bluetooth on Windows 10?
If you have a desktop then it could be possible but if you have a proper laptop or a system with a Bluetooth device installed to the system then just look for solutions in the above-mentioned methods. Surely, you will find the solution.
What are the icons on the taskbar?
Those are the shortcuts to the apps which can be availed by the users according to their needs and choice through the taskbar ribbon.
So, these were the 7 best ways to fix Bluetooth Icon Missing In Windows 10. Hence, if you found this post to be useful then do share it with those who might find this useful too.
For more content related to software reviews, comparison and troubleshooting posts do check our website out.