Image search is a pretty powerful tool when you want to discover amazing photos from a huge number of sources. But what if you are in a reverse situation. What would you do if you have an image or artwork or any photograph and want to know the source of it?
Best Ways To Do Reverse Image Search
It is now possible to find the source of an image with Google’s reverse image search feature. In this article, I am going to tell you how you can reverse search an image and also share an example of it.
Now, there are two situations, when you have an image saved on your device and when you find an image online. Let’s check out methods for both of these.
1. When You Have An Image On Your Device
So, suppose you have an image saved on your device (computer or smartphone) and you want to know the source of it. For this, you have to follow the below steps.
- Open your browser and go to Google Images page.
- If you are using a smartphone, open up the menu and enable the Desktop site.
- Click on the camera icon that is on the right side of the search box.
- Next up, click on Upload an image option and then tap Choose File.
- Now select the image that you want to reverse search.
This will upload the image you have chosen and run a reverse image search for it. You will see the results in a few moments.
2. When You Find An Image Online
You may have wondered to know the source of an image when you’re browsing any social media or any website for example. You don’t need to go through the process as above. You can do it directly using any chromium-based browser with the following steps.
- In your browser, locate the image which you want.
- Right-click on the image and choose Search Google for image.
- If you’re using a smartphone, long-press the image and choose the same.
- You will see search results the same as the above method.
Also Read: Best Google Search Hidden Tips and Tricks
What is a reverse image search?
Reverse image search shows you the search results of an image. It will show the pages where the image has been used, or images similar to it.
Is it possible to reverse search with only a cropped version of an image?
Yes. You can reverse image search even if it is cropped. It works as long as there is enough resemblance with the original image.