Well, the question arises i.e. Why do we need a web browser in our Android device even if we already have a preloaded factory-made browser.
As we already know that most of the users don’t like the preloaded applications because they are so limited and quite unmanaged we can say. Some people still like it but the number of people is more who don’t.
The exact answer to this question is features and frequent updates made by the developers. When you are using a preloaded browser you can expect the browser to be satisfactory because companies who make smartphones surely won’t focus much on developing applications that have nothing to do with the OS.
So, if you are in search of a good browser for your android device then read this further.
Best Browser For Android
So, there is a list of 9 best browser for Android below with all the major pros and cons listed down.
We can say that the brave browser is new to the market. However, you already know the popularity of the brave browser if you are a regular Windows user or if you surf and research on the internet about applications and software.
You can expect it to be one of the safest browsers out there because brave is known as one of the best android browsers for privacy protection and security of the users while they are using the internet.
It is embedded with all the basic features and also with many advanced and additional features which you will surely not find in every other browser currently. Also, you will find it familiar if you have used Chrome because both are quite identical when it comes to UI.
I have been using this browser for a while now and I can assure you that it is one if the fastest browsers for Android.
When it comes to statistics on Google’s Play Store, the average ratings is 4.2 out of 5 which is good enough and it has more than 10 million downloads as per today. You can expect frequent updates and also if you want, can enroll for beta testing.
- It has one of the best Android browsers with adblock which does the job perfectly for the users.
- HTTPS upgrade which allows users to automatically block unreliable websites with bad trajectory.
- When it comes to the customization you can expect plenty of options with dark mode too.
- When you browse or download stuff you can experience the speed which is amazing.
- Also, you can enable the background video player and play videos while you are using other applications.
- Users can even earn or have rewards out of watching Ads by turning the brave rewards on.
- You can sync all your data from your other devices for the browser if you use by just logging in.
- There are few great features still in beta testing.
- Some sites might get blocked because of brave shield i.e. strict security measures.
- Sync is not functioning perfectly
If you have been using mobile phones for more than a decade now then you must know the Opera browser because you must have used it in the past.
It was initially launched as a desktop browser but when there was a demand for mobile versions then developers went on to develop mobile versions too.
There are three versions of the mobile version i.e. Opera Browser, Opera Browser beta and Opera Mini.
One is for users who like it packed with features and which basically uses a lot of memory of the android device and another one is for the users those do not have a phone with good specification, basically, the mini version is not much good but better for low-end devices.
Opera comes up with a lot of features loaded to it and has gotten better with time. It has more than 100 million downloads and is rated 4.6 out of 5 which is impressive.
It is absolutely free and available in Google’s play store also you can download the separate versions i.e. beta and mini.
- A powerful Data saving mode that saves almost 80% of your data usage.
- There is a removable news section on the homepage which shows you all global interesting trending news topics.
- It features powerful Ad-blockers and pop-up blockers.
- Shockingly, users get to enjoy free VPN within the application which is quite impressive.
- A mini version with less memory consumption. You can expect Mini to be the best browser for better battery life.
- It works great with phones with less RAM and features too.
- It offers you adjustable night mode and dark mode to save battery life.
- Also, you can customize the look and feel of the browser with several options available.
- This browser also features sync. So, there are no issues regarding saving bookmarks and starting it all as a new one.
- It is missing many security and protection features.
- The User interface is a bit unmanaged and many users won’t like it.
- The home screen contains a lot of things which is very annoying.
Mozilla Firefox is one of the most popular, trusted, and oldest among all the browsers available on the Internet. It especially focuses on the speed and security of the user while browsing.
It can be called as one of the best browsers out there because every single feature is made to be perfect and totally usable for the users. There is not a single unmanaged patch in the whole browser.
You can customize the color schemes, tabs, even how the sites look according to your needs. You can find plenty of features regarding security which will surely ensure your security and browsing experience.
It is available in Google’s Play Store with over 100 million downloads and 4.4 rating out of 5 which is good enough.
- Full-fledged customization options to enhance the look and feel of the UI.
- It features high-speed internet surfing and complete web protection.
- Support from the developers is outstanding.
- Powerful Ad-blocker, pop-up blockers and also options for data saving.
- It also features Add-ons for a better experience.
- Sync option works perfectly.
- The browser also allows you to turn the tracker blocker on for better privacy protection.
- Tab management is a bit outdated.
You must have seen this in your Windows PC because it comes as a preloaded browser when you install the OS. Eventually, people do not like it much in the PC because it feels outdated.
However, when we talk about the Android version of this browser then you can expect decent performance out of it and can also use it as a primary browser.
It features a simple UI with decent and doable security measures which will surely keep you away from the hackers and untrusted websites.
Stats of Google’s play store say that it has more than 10 million downloads and 4.5 ratings out of 5 which is good enough.
- It has 3 modes of security which let you choose and basically ensures your security in a different manner.
- The reading mode that enhances all the content of any web site for better readability.
- There is an in-built read-aloud feature that reads the whole content on the page with just one click.
- Decently working Ad-blocker and pop-up blocker for a seamless experience.
- Customizing is easier.
- It features giving back to the users just like brave by offering deals on specific e-commerce websites and many more.
- It is a bit slower when compared with other browsers.
- You will not get any option for Add-ons.
- Features are limited and very less.
Google Chrome is the most popular web browser over all the platforms. Users believe it to be the best one till date and indeed it is after all the developers are none other than officials from Google.
You can surely use it as a daily and primary browser which most of you have done already because it is faster, easy to use, no complications frequent usage, simple UI and everything is perfect for a regular user.
You can also say it is one of the best android browser for downloading stuff.
It has been on the market for a long period of time and has impressed every single time because of the features like one-click translate, downloading of tabs is too useful.
It has over 5 billion downloads and 4.3 ratings out of 5 which is outstanding when you look at the number of downloads. You can easily go for Google chrome any day because it’s also free and best out there.
- It provides you with the default voice search option for ease.
- It is very fast and highly reliable, encrypts the password and other information perfectly.
- There is an in-built Google Translate system to translate a webpage from any language within one click.
- Features like swiping on the header you can swap between the tabs.
- Three themes i.e. dark mode, default and light.
- Data saving mode functions perfectly.
- Surprisingly, you can avail incognito mode.
- All Browsing data can be synced easily to the desktop version.
- No way to install Chrome extensions on Android and also limited customization options.
- No Ad-blocker. (still, it performs quite well) .
DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser
DuckDuckGo is not much popular like all the other browsers in the list and even does not match or compete in terms of features. But still, it has some special features which makes it worth to be in this list.
It highly focuses on users’ privacy and protection. Let me tell you that your identity is worth millions on the internet and believe me you will never want to compromise your protection on the internet.
It features all the basic offerings of a typical browser and saves you a handful amount of mobile data. Overall it is a decently working browser which could be used as a secondary browser. Personally, I won’t recommend for primary usage.
It can be said as one of the best android browser for privacy and security options but somehow lacks in users experience so it is totally up to you that what you need out of it.
- It provides you with highly secure encryption that can save your device from malware and virus while visiting untrusted or malicious websites.
- It has its own search engine.
- It blocks away Ads perfectly and also features to block trackers, which is amazing.
- It does not store any of your browsing or other data Online like other Browsers.
- Few customization options are also available like page resize and changing of background, themes etc.
- It lacks almost all the smart and advanced features that other browsers offer.
- Unstable UI and below-average browsing and download experience.
- There are no extensions or add-ons installation option in this browser.
Tor Browser is one of the fastest and most popular Proxy browsers available on the Internet. It highly focuses on user’s privacy. It completely protects you the whole time.
Let me tell you that the chances of getting hacked in this era are quite more and you can also get tracked by your ISP which is terrifying but with Tor, you can rest assured about the security measures because it does protect you perfectly.
The safety measures are quite complex. It is based on Mozilla Firefox so you will get almost all of those features too, which makes it more special.
All these proxy features and browsers are completely free and you can get it for free from Google’s play store. It has more than 5 million downloads and 4.2 ratings out of 5 which quite less.
- It allows you to maintain security norms and establish private connections.
- There are in-built proxy options and VPN for more privacy.
- It automatically blocks you from a particular website when a threat is recognized.
- All legally blocked sites (in the country) can easily be accessed with all the security measures.
- It does not store any of the browsing data from your device.
- It provides you Firewall and Ad-blocker including the pop-up blocker.
- It provides you similar options to that of Mozilla Firefox.
- It supports all the Firefox Add-ons.
- It does not perform well in low-end devices and uses high bandwidth.
- Few websites block Tor, so you’ll not be able to access those sites.
- Also connecting to the Tor network takes a lot of time and sometimes it denies.
- Due to the proxy or VPN, you’ll face a slower speed than normal browsing.
Vivaldi browser for Android is the newest to the market on the list. And it is also not that much popular like Chrome and Firefox but as per claims and information, it can compete with many popular browsers.
The main attraction of the Browser is its amazing features. The developers of the Vivaldi are the same as the Opera browser. If you are a writer or research on the web then you are surely going to love it because of the built-in note options, easy swapping search engines, and duplicating the pages effortlessly.
You can also expect plenty of good modes and themes such as dark mode, reading mode and so on. You will also find the UI to be much easier and refined than Opera.
It has more than 100 thousand downloads and is rated 4.2 out of 5. The numbers are less but the browser performs decently.
- It provides you with a Built-in rich notes tab to write notes while Browsing. (Especially useful for writers)
- You can clone your current page to avoid losing the browsing information.
- It allows you to easily swap between several search engines according to your needs.
- Browsing data can be synced easily between devices.
- It provides you with a speed dial function that helps you organize websites according to your interest.
- It provides you with incognito option and also an option to take a manual snapshot within the browser.
- It does not focus on Privacy and protection.
- There is no Ad-Blocker or any advanced security measures.
- There is no option for installing Add-ons.
- Sometimes images load very slow.
- Below average user’s experience while downloading and browsing through websites.
- A newcomer in the market, so reliability is quite less.
Here comes the last browser of my list. Maxthon Browser has decently popular among the users.
The UI of this particular browser is pretty much like any Chinese browser filled with pre-saved bookmarks and links which is annoying.
Overall the experience is quite mediocre and you can use it as a secondary browser. Yet, you get some decent features to modify and customize the browser according to your needs which is satisfactory.
It is available in Google’s play store for free and has over 10 million downloads with 4 ratings out of 5 which is the least of all.
- You can easily sync all the Browsing data across all the devices.
- It provides you with powerful data saving features like smart image display and all.
- It provides you with built-in Notes, making it accessible online and offline.
- Passkeeper which allows you to securely store your account details and passwords of other IDs.
- You also get plugins for UUmail and Ad-blocker within the browser.
- You can access and manage the offline data anytime easily with the self-monitoring storage system.
- Few customization options are also available.
- Extensions cannot be installed in this Browser or the add-ons.
- Do not have advanced security measures and powerful Ad-blockers.
- Very scattered UI and below-average user’s experience.
- Lacks in few features with the competition.
Best Browser For Android FAQs
Which is the fastest browser for Android?
As per my experience, Brave, Opera, and Chrome features to be some of the fastest browsers of the list and also they do show the result at an identical time interval. You can consider any of them if the speed is the topmost concern for you.
Which browser is the most secure one?
As per my knowledge and research, it has to be Firefox, Brave and DuckDuck Go because all of these browsers tend to feature and look promising when it comes to the security factor.
Which is the best browser for Android?
It has to be Google chrome because it features loads of features with immense security and when it comes to UI, user experience it is just the one. Although you can also try out Brave for a similar experience with more embedded features to it.
Why should you not use Google Chrome?
Maximum of the device have preloaded Chrome browser and many users do not even install another one. But when you just use chrome then you are missing out on many features like strong Ad-Blockers, Battery saver, Privacy management, password management, frequent customization and so on.
So, there was the total list of best browsers for Android that you will find in Google’s play store with best features. No, it is sorted as per the ranks so do consider reading it whole and don’t just go for the top ones or ignore the bottom one.
Hence, share this post with your friends and family to let them use the best browser on the internet currently.